SGIA Boot Camp - EFI HQ Fremont, CA - 7/31-8/2
July 31st-August 2nd, 2018
Join Color Management Group, SGIA and EFI for this amazing learning experience! Learn from the pros how to implement best color management practices. This 2-1/2 day color management "Boot Camp" will prepare you for all of your color battles. You'll learn how to linearize, profile, optimize and verify color on all of your output devices, using EFI Fiery XF, all while we're preparing you to take the SGIA Digital Color Professional Certification Program exam (fee included).
SGIA recently introduced a new printing industry color certification, called SGIA Digital Color Professional. CMG is partnering with EFI and hosting this training class to teach the best methods for color managing printing devices, and preparing attendees for qualification and/or certification in SGIA's program. Each attendee will receive a link to take the SGIA Digital Color Professional Exam, within 2 weeks of the class. Learn from the industry leaders how to maximize your investment, get color right the first time, and stop wasting time and money. There will be limited seats available, so register for yours NOW!
The SGIA Digital Color Professional Certified Instructors for this event are Dan Gillespie (Director of Techncial Services - Color Management Group) and Bill Owen (Technical Services - Color Management Group). Dan and Bill offer a combined 50 years of priniting and color experience and are both long-time G7 Experts – as well as being certiifed on many other products. Jeremy Tesch of EFI and Ray Weiss from SGIA will also be there to help lead this class.
Who should attend:
- Digital print professionals
- Prepress personnel
- Printing company owners
Location of Boot Camp:
- EFI - 6750 Dumbarton Circle - Fremont, CA 94555
What You'll Learn:
- Color management theory and universal concepts
- North American print standards and specifications
- How to choose a target to match
- The process for matching your target
- Requirements for establishing an accurate soft-proof on monitors
- How to prepare art files properly
- How to control both process and spot color using color management in RIP
- Best practices and hands-on instruction for linearizing devices
- Utilizing the G7 neutral gray calibration
- Proven methods for creating ICC profiles (especially for ink savings)
- Software for viewing ICC profile gamuts and quality control
- Options for how you can verify that your color is accurate
- Continental breakfast each morning
- Lunch provided each day
- A coupon code to use for future purchases
- Surprise EFI freebie
- A link to take the online exam afterward
- Submission fee for sending the control print (after passing exam)
- Knowledge that will last a lifetime
You can view the agenda for the event here: AGENDA
Please make sure to provide all of the attendee's contact information when checking out.
Minimum class size requirements must be met 4 weeks prior to workshop start date. There is a 10 attendee minimum in order to hold this workshop. Please DO NOT make your travel plans until class size is confirmed, you will be notified via email. You will receive a full refund if minimum class size is not met. No refunds for cancellations within 3 weeks of scheduled class start date.